Friday, November 26, 2010

A Thanksgiving Poem

We here at 24 Days of Magic are thankful for many things, not the least of which was that 10-game Padre losing streak back in late August. We even wrote a poem about the 10 pitchers who beat the Padres during that stretch:

First off, Ian Kennedy's the best
Even though his team was worst in the West
The word for cool is "Chad Durban"
if you look it up in the dictionary that is Urban
Joe Blanton is kinda chubby
and my friend Becky wishes Cole Hamels was her hubby
What really I must truly ponder
Is how the Padres lost to Joe Saunders
Kennedy again, like the 60's, yo
Barry Enright's momma admits he's a bit slow
But what really must have left the Hairstons shook
is losing at home to Aaron Cook
Jason Hammel
was next to whip
the lovable losable Padres ship
Finally the last was Jorge De La Rosa
Nothing rhymes with that. Seriously. I spent like 15 minutes on this. I'm stopping now.

Note:
Yesterday I told Jamie that I had contacted Brandon Belt regarding a possible exclusive interview with our blog.
"What did you say?"
Me: "I said we were a new blog but that.."
Jamie: "Wait. Who is 'we'?"
Me: "The blog."
Jamie: "But it's just you."
Me: "Well.....yeah."


Happy Thanksgiving, from all of us here at 24 Days of Magic.

1 comment: