Sunday, December 5, 2010

Jayson Werth to the Nats....The Offseason Gets Better and Better

I can't think of too many places Jayson Werth could have gone that would have been more favorable for the Giants than Washington.

I know where I didn't want him to go:
Philadelphia
Los Angeles
Colorado
St. Louis
Atlanta

And now, an exhaustive list of places Jayson Werth could have gone that would have been more favorable than where he did go:
Pittsburgh
Kansas City
Baltimore
Seattle

That's it. This offseason rocks. Next thing we know, Carl Crawford's going to sign with the Royals, the Dodgers are going to send Ethier and Kemp to the Orioles for prospects and the Rockies are going to pay Jorge De La Rosa 11 million a year to post average pitching numbers. Oh wait, that last part already happened.

I love it. Much like the Adrian Gonzalez trade, this Werth signing could spell trouble for the 2016 Giants, but not the 2011 Giants. Not with Stephen Strasburg out for the season already and Bryce Harper preparing to rip up AAA and Adam Dunn signing with an AL Central team (because this offseason rocks). And who cares about the 2016 Giants anyway? That team will be so old it will set records. Renteria will be like 43, and starting in left field. Zito will be in the 28th year of his contract. Juan Uribe will come back, sign a contract, and then say "oh hey, and by the way, I'm 49. And also I speak fluent English. Just thought it'd be fun to have my own translator, like those Japanese pitchers. Now give me my own monogrammed barca lounger with a handy compartment in the arm-rest to put my dentures." It's going to be ugly.

I'm ready for some more exciting offseason action:

Cliff Lee to the Pirates! Who's with me!?

No comments:

Post a Comment